Shop Mechanic Lead
- - Exterior
- Indianapolis, IN, USA
- Full Time
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Life insurance after 60 days of employment, Competitive Pay
The Shop Manager position is responsible for maintaining the safe and efficient operation of all fleet of trucks, trailers, small engines, and equipment, while operating within the confines of a budget. Delivering high quality internal customer service is paramount. Shop Manager is responsible for managing the repair process, managing shop projects, tracking equipment assets, working with vendors, working with Engledow management team, and working alongside the shop team when needed, to ensure timely and high quality delivery of shop services to Engledow teams.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS/JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Provide strong leadership to a Shop team
• Provide assistance in shop, working alongside shop team members
• Diagnose repairs and maintain small equipment, including trucks and trailers
• Purchase appropriate tools and equipment, parts, and services to keep the shop operating efficiently, and in a fiscally responsible manner.
• Adhere to all safety standards and policies.
• Communicate with internal customers about status of repairs, best practices, and general coaching on use of tools and equipment.
• Safeguard Company assets and communication devices.
• Demonstrate commitment to productivity process improvements, as well as advancements of new technology, applications and tools.
• Track maintenance and repairs of vehicles.
• Inventory tracking
• Shop mechanic payroll hours
• Maintain DOT files, and paperwork in an organized manner
• Support Exterior Management team as necessary
• Must be service oriented to meet the needs of internal employees and vendors
• Must have strong physical endurance as the position requires bending, kneeling, standing and lifting up to 60 lbs.
• Must be able to stand and walk for long periods
• Must have strong leadership and communication skills
• Must be highly organized
• Must be able to work well under pressure
• Must be able to adapt to change quickly and efficiently
• Must have a Highschool Diploma or GED
• Associates Degree in a related field is highly desired
• Minimum of (3) years of experience in a leadership/management role
• Extensive mechanical knowledge of small engines
Must have a valid drivers license with less than 6 points.